Here step by step installation video HD (http://youtu.be/4fzFZwR6rs8)
Here is my media center setup :
|1. ACER Inspire REVO R3610 as media player (XBMC)|
|2. DLink DNS-320L as Media Server Library (Twonky Server & DLink ShareCenter)|
|3. Samsung All In One Setup Box SMT-G7400 UPC Horizon as TV Receiver, modem, router and additional media player.|
|4. Sony DAV-Z260 5.1 Home Theatre System|
|5. Hitachi 42" LCD HD TV|
First Step : PREPARATION
1. Download XBMC 12.3 Installation files from xbmc.org (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/xbmc-12.3.exe) or (https://www.dropbox.com/s/3000foklzglbc0f/xbmc-12.3.exe)
2. Makesure all Video/Audio, VobSub and Bonjour (Apple AirPlay) Codedc already installed on Windows 7.
2nd Step : XBMC Installation
1. Run xbmc-12.3.exe Installation File and follow on screen instruction (simple 3 click instruction)
|The XBMC Installation Process|
2. Finish the installation, then run XBMC to test that nothing wrong in installation process and XBMC run perfect. Then quit XBMC, don't change any setup yet. If you change it now, then you need to do it again later.
|Test Run after Installation|
3rd Step : To Set XBMC Auto Boot on Windows 7 Boot
1. Download 2 required file here
- https://www.dropbox.com/s/pq9kmoffyk9h20x/xbmc.cmd.txt (this file is command file that to run xbmc.vbs after certain condition)
- https://www.dropbox.com/s/gw1t030z89nul95/xbmc.vbs.txt (this file is another command file that tell windows to run xbmc.exe and run explorer.exe on exit/quit)
2. Please make sure command inside xbmc.cmd.txt as follow
|start /max wscript.exe xbmc.vbs|
3. Please make sure command inside xbmc.vbs.txt as follow
|Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")|
|Return = WshShell.Run(chr(34) & "C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" & chr(34) & " -p -fs", 3 ,true)|
4. Copy both xbmc.cmd and xbmc.vbs into XBMC Folder (C:\Program Files\XBMC\)
|Set XBMC to auto boot on start|
and now Acer Revo will boot directly into XBMC and run explorer.exe if quit XBMC.
I will put xbmc setting video/audio and library on my next entry.
Post a Comment